Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A couple from California...

Here are some portraits from my visit in April to Los Angeles, CA. I know I'm jumping around here a bit, some of you might be waiting for the Mother's Day photos which are coming soon.....

My visit to Los Angeles was one big adrenaline rush. I left NY on Sunday morning to arrive in Burbank, CA Sunday afternoon at 11:30am. My first appointment was at 12:30. Get my bags, get my car, stop at my aunts to change and freshen up and off to the shoot. I was a bit late but I build the time in to my schedule. From the time I started until 7pm it was work, work, moving non-stop. Finally when I was done that last session I just collapsed - drained from head to toe. Keeping on NY time I was up 4am the next morning, had a session scheduled for 8:30 and from there went until the last session which ended about 6pm. Again drained.

Then came the BEST part. The 'what am I going to do today?' part.

I don't remember where I read about the Getty Museum but I knew that I read something and made a mental note to myself that the next time I'm in LA I should check it out. Lucky for me my aunt Faige was free and we went together. What perfect antidote to the whirlwind I had just come out of. The museum lays on top of the hill in Brentwood, you need to take a trolly up the mountain, the layout is just extraordinary, all white jerusalem stone, built with open frames everywhere, every turn you take is a completely new view, breathtaking serenity - and that was just the outside. After that I stopped by The Grove, you can't go to LA and NOT go to The Grove and got gifts for the kids.

Then it's back home - and this is really the REAL BEST part - I drove up to my house at 5:45am and my son, Dovid comes running out to greet me. He is definitely one of the best huggers EVER. All the kids were wide awake and excited to see me and loving their gifts and I was ready for a nap. So it goes.

Can't wait to go back!!!















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home