Monday, May 11, 2009

Cotton Candy - Monsey Children's Photographer

I was recently asked how I get my ideas. That's a great questions with no single answer. In this case I had 3 gorgeous sisters, their hair done up beautifully and I knew I wanted a soulful feel to the portrait. I started by positioning them all together and tilting them this way or that way (they were great sports about it!!). I felt something was missing and wanted to wrap them all in a bow but couldn't figure out how to make that 'work'. I grabbed for the tulle (sp?) and started wrapping them, I told Ruti, the youngest that she was being wrapped in cotton candy, she loved that. In the 'darkroom' (aka photoshop) I finished the look by making it black and white except for the headbands. This method of select coloring is something I avoid overdoing and in this instance I think it works.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!! THEY LOOK SO GOOD!!

May 12, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home