Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A typical studio session.

Sometimes the session is booked just 'because' - there is no special occasion coming up but your kid(s) are so cute and you want to capture them before they jump into the next stage. Sometimes there is a reason, like Akiva, he came for his pre-Upshern photos, he will be 3 in 2 months and he will be getting his first ever haircut. Since the Upshern is a traditional ceremony I usually start out with the classic photos, giving it a timeless feel. Then I move to more casual and even sporty, depending on the individual taste and personality of the family involved.

Here Akiva is still very wary of me, I try to capture his curiosity. I love the serious look.




The symbolism of the haircut is the start of his wearing a Kippah, I integrate some religious aspects like the Torah and the Siddur.



Here you can see him starting to warm up.


Now he's really hot! He decides to try on the rug and that give me a chance to get the unplanned shot of him doing his thing.


Takes a quick ride on an antique bike I have in my studio. This bike is at least 75 yrs old, a friend salvaged it from a construction site and I have it on loan.


Now he's really tired, he takes his blankie and cuddles a bit and we call it a day.


For Upshern photos I recommend you schedule your appointment for 8 weeks prior to the haircut date.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chanie said...

as akiva's neighbor I must say that you really captured his personality. FANTASTIC!

August 20, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home